- Identifying clear learning objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed
- Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest and engagement
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment and using data to inform planning
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation; creativity and challenge
- Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated learning – matched to need of individuals and groups of students
- Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time
- Ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
- Evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness
- Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support.
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching and learning
- Regularly mark and monitor students’ work and set targets for progress
- Use performance data to inform planning and therefore ensuring the Learning and Teaching continue to add value.
- Contribute to the whole Academy’s visioning activities.
- Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
- Take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to academy policies and practices
- Liaise professionally and effectively with parents.
- A Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor Degree in a related subject with PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification.